There are a number of Lync 2010 resources available for both IT Pros and End User. In this post I’ll endeavour to outline some of the content that’s available and where you can get it.
Lync Adoption and Training
The best place to start when hunting for training resources for Microsoft Lync is the Lync Adoption and Training Kit. Think of the Adoption and Training kit has content you could either post on an Intranet or convert to Acrobat or Word guides to provide to staff. The kit contains the following resources, each of which can be downloaded separately:
- Quick Starts – As the name suggests a number of short Quick Starts are included in this folder for:
- IM and Presence
- Lync Attendant Client
- Lync Attendee Client
- Lync Web App
- Response Group Agent
- Starting on online meeting
- Desktop Sharing
- Voice and Video
- Short Videos – Short videos of common activities in the Lync client.
- Training – Contains PowerPoint slides for use by trainers including:
- What’s New – Videos detailing the new features of Lync 2010.
- Work Smart Guides – These are really similar to the Quick Start guides and cover a wide range of topics from making and receiving calls to online meetings and Desktop sharing.
You can download the Adoption and Training kit or access it online:
Microsoft Lync 2010 Quick Reference Cards
The Quick Reference cards are possibly one of the must useful resources available when rolling out Lync to end users. The cards can be quickly printed and left with end users and cover topics such as:
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Instant Messaging and Presence
- Sharing and Collaboration
- Voice and Video
Download the Quick Reference Cards here.
Documentation for IT Pros
There is lots of great documentation for Lync available for IT Pros on TechNet. Most of this content can be viewed online or you can download it in .doc or .chm format.
- TechNet Online Documentation for Lync – This is the ‘root node’ if you like, in the Lync 2010 documentation tree and provides access to everything you need to know about Lync 2010. A good deal of the documentation is also available to download in DOC format.
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Documentation Help File – Everything there is, in one handy CHM file.
- Lync 2010 Bandwidth Calculator – Helpful when trying to determine your Call Admission Control (CAC) settings.
Some additional resources that might be of use: