If you’ve ever tried to install the Lenovo Hotkey utility as part of an SCCM Task Sequence you’ll have noticed that no matter how big a tantrum you through it won’t work. Lenovo’s documentation states that you can install the Hotkey utility in an unattended fasion using “Setup.exe /S”. For whatever reason this doesn’t work in a Task Sequence using a standard Package and Program. To get around this do the follow:
- Extract the Hotkey utility.
- Create a batch file InstallHotkey.cmd with a single line: %~dp0SETUP.EXE /S
- Create a standard SCCM package with the source pointing to your extracted hotkey files.
- Make sure that InstallHotkey.cmd is in the same dir as Setup.exe
- In you Task Sequence add a new “Run Command Line” task.
- Set the Package to the Hotkey Package you created in step 4.
- In the command line put InstallHotkey.cmd