I do a lot of unattended installs of Windows an find that extracting or silently installing some of the HP Softpaq drivers is quite troublesome. Over time I’ve discovered a number of options that may be helpful:
- “SPxxxxx.exe is the SoftPaq to unpack
- “-pdf” is a runtime switch that overrides the build parameters
- “-f” is a runtime switch that overrides the default path set at build time
- “-s” instructs the package to unpack in silent mode, skipping the Welcome, License, and Directory screens
- “-e” instructs the package to extract only, that is, do not run the component installation program.
- -s -a -silent -reboot (Good for silent installs.)